PVC is a very useful material for making leisure products:
- It is tough and durable.
- It is non-toxic.
- In its lifecycle it has been found to have a more favourable eco-balance than competitive materials in many applications.
- PVC has relatively low energy demand in manufacture which gives environmental benefits compared with some alternative materials.
- It is a very versatile material and formulations can be adjusted to give the exact performance and quality requirements for each type of product.
- It is cost-competitive, allowing good quality, reasonably priced goods to be manufactured.
- It is suitable for products which need to be mass produced for promotions - such as merchandise launched in tandem with film launches.
Leisure products of many different types are made from PVC or contain PVC, including:
- Inflatable beach toys
- Paddling pools
- Bouncy castles