PVCConstruct is a cultural project without any commercial interest. It was born to illustrate the many ways in which Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) can enhance our daily lives.
PVC is a versatile plastic that has been used for medical applications for more than 50 years. It has passed many critical tests and gained acceptance by health regulators world-wide and is now the most widely used polymer in pre-sterilised single use medical applications.
Various medical applications are made from, or contain PVC, including:
1. Containers for blood, urine continence and ostomy products
2. Containers for intravenous solution giving sets
3. Heart and lung bypass sets
4. Catheters and cannulae
5. Tubing for dialysis, endotracheal, feeding and pressure monitoring
6. Surgical and examination gloves
7. Inflatable splints
8. Inhalation masks
9. Blister packs for pills and tablets.